Pharmacist - Casual
Great new Career Opportunity in Long-Term Care Pharmacy!
Now Hiring – Per Diem Pharmacist – East Windsor, CT
Hours: Per diem as need hrs.- 6am-2:30pm, 8am-4:30pm, 11am-7:30pm, 3pm-11pm and rotating weekends
Partners Pharmacy – Our mission is to define excellence within the health care community. We are dedicated to inspiring people to live better lives through innovative health and wellness programs, products and services. We treat residents, their families and each other with respect, dignity and compassion. Through a collaborative and consultative approach, we strive to provide a framework of strength and stability for our patients, families and associates. We work to maintain the highest standards of care and service for our patients, families and valued employees.
We are proud to Offer:
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Opportunities to advance and grow your career
- And More!
If working with people who are dedicated, compassionate, and concerned about their patients is essential to you, then you'll appreciate being a part of our team. We've built a strong reputation on the outstanding level of care that we provide.
Partners Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Pharmacist will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assist and direct support staff in the production and dispensing of medication orders to facilities and residents
- Practice appropriate drug utilization review and follow up
- Coding (Data entry) and checking orders
- Verification of orders
- Answer calls and heavy customer service to facilities
- Accept and dispense prescription medications
- Provide consultation on prescription and non-prescription medications for storage, dosage, side effects, and drug interactions
- Compound medications for external or internal use
- Monitor patient medication compliance and over-usage patterns
- Supervise pharmacy staff members including pharmacy technicians, pharmacy clerks, etc.
- Maintain appropriate inventory on pharmaceutical and medical supplies
- Security of the prescription area and its contents are maintained at all times and the reporting of any thefts and/or diversions of controlled substances to the Supervisor
- No misbranded, deteriorated, adulterated, improperly stores or outdated drugs or any drugs marked sample or with any like designation or meaning are dispensed or present in the active stock in the pharmacy.
- Accurate records of all prescription medication received and dispensed are maintained
Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD
- Must be a State Registered Pharmacist
- 1+ years of Pharmacist experience in a long term care or retail pharmacy environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal